Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Customize Control Center Portal

Hi,

is it possible to customize the Control Center Portal or is there a rest api which we can use to build own Websites?

Best Answer

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Jan

What are you looking to customise?

Geoff
  • Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    we would like to check if the portal is usable for our decentralized administration of certain SCCM functions. We used to run a self-programmed portal, but first we helped ourselves with our own Right Click Tools. We install, reinstall client computers, install, uninstall and reinstall software and have implemented our own logic for software profiles and Wake On Lan. With a usable API we could create a subpage like in the SCSM portal and so we thought we could create our own assistant pages for decentralized administration. Otherwise we would have to run a portal ourselves which we actually don't want.
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jan_Schulz
    The Control Center application does allow you to make calls to external applications and API calls however, this may not be exactly what you are after.

If you are wanting to have these calls come from the SCSM Analyst Portal, then this makes life even easier as the Analyst Portal is designed to allow custom pages to be created that can host any HTML5 and JavaScript code you would like, or even just host another website in an iFrame.

If you have a specific example of what you are trying to do in Control Center we can try to provide some advice.
    Also, if you are using the Analyst Portal, that could make a difference in how you could approach the solution.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the answer.
    As far as I could see in a demo and the videos you can use some of the basic functions of SCCM in the Control Center Portal. This is definitely useful for a real SCCM administrator. But we have decentralized administrators who have many other tasks and can't deal with the mechanics of SCCM in depth. For these we have currently programmed SCCM console extensions (Right click Tools) to make it easier for them to use their required functions via simple wizards. For example, the decentralized user does not know things like deployments or where the software packages are located. For them, it has been kept as simple as possible, so that them only specifies in the wizard that one or more software packages are installed on one or more computers. What is necessary in the background would already be too much for them.
    The idea now would be, in the best case (if this exists), to use the Control Center API to transfer the wizards from the SCCM console to a web-based layer. The decentralized administration could then also use its wizards for software provisioning with mobile devices. In addition, we would save the entire basis such as caching, authentication, etc. and would be able to provide reduced functions of the Control Center in assistance websites. I hope I have expressed myself a little more understandable :-)
    thanks, i look forward to it.