Home Asset Management
Options

Opening a SoftwareAsset takes up to 1min

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi
So we have noticed a significant slowness in opening softwareassets in the portal view. and i belive it has to to with the related assets. it feels like the more related assets the software has the slower it gets. Our software asset Google Chrome wich has 411 installs can tak up to 1 to 1.5 min just to open the form to view the asset. 
Does any one else experiencing this? 
this makes it unbearable for service desk when they have to check swa and having users on the phone. 
So my question is can this bee tweeked to make it load faster? the same goes for the hardware asset view and i know that it recives data from another DB but the more asset the slower the portal gets and users are getting frustrated.

Answers

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The version of portal you are running may have something to do with this.  We had the same issue but with closer to 5,000 related CIs form some SW assets.  The workaround at the time was to remove the related computers control from the form (I had put in a stand-in explaining that this info could be requested by Excel or viewed through SSRS instead).  That could work for you in a pinch.

From the release notes it appears that this issue was discovered and fixed in later versions.  I have not changed my form back yet, so I cannot personally confirm it.  If you have a test environment with comparable related CI counts, I'd say try this with a recent (8.12?) portal version.
  • Options
    Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    our current portal version in PROD is 8.12.3.2016
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems that this has not truly been resolved, then.  My workaround I mentioned above was effective, although it is certainly disappointing to have to disable pertinent information to get the page to load.