Home Analyst Portal

Sync Issues

Service_Desk2Service_Desk2 Member IT Monkey ✭
The sync seem to be really slow.
2 days ago i added a new user to a scsm role and to the cireson analysts group. late yesterday afternoon she got access to the portal. that took nearly 24 hours.

yesterday afternoon we found that she had only read rights, so she could not edit any work items. so i added her to another group.
Now this morning she still couldn't edit work items. and that is like 18h after i added her to the group and ran the AD connectors.

so i did this:

First stop the Cache Builder service and then run the following commands against the ServiceManagement DB:

• TRUNCATE TABLE CI$User
  • TRUNCATE TABLE CI$DomainGroup
  • TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified
  • Restart the IIS app pool
  • Restart the website
What i found out now is that all new pages i have created and assigned to a specific AD group have been overwritten. before it was only one AD group per page. now after the sync  2 pages have 4 ad groups assigned to them and 1 page have 8 groups assigned to it...

all of the groups is a member of our Cireson_Analysts group.

so, really slow sync and settings being overwritten. what is happening?

Answers

• Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi,

What version of the portal are you currently on?  Or did you recently upgraded and this problem started? 

Have you tried watching the Cachebuilder log when you restart the CB to see if any suspicious is happening? 
  • Service_Desk2Service_Desk2 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi

We are using 8.12.6.2016, recently upgraded from 8.12.4.2016.
    But we are new to the portal, have been in use for maybe one month, so it is possible that we had this problem from the start.

And the cache builder log is empty (logging set to error and service restarted 2 days ago).
    i have changed "Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config" to WARN now.
    We have alot of
    unable to locate user domain\username from group domain\kaka in role end users
    Regarding new pages and access.
    last friday i created two new pages and set the appropriate  persmissions. today on monday both have had their permissions overwritten by all the groups that is member of the cireson analysts group.
    Hi again, this is a big issue. Yesterday i added a few more groups to our cireson analysts AD group, today all those groups have access to the pages i have created, all new groups are listed under "assigned AD groups" for the pages.
    Hi

We are using 8.12.6.2016, recently upgraded from 8.12.4.2016.
    But we are new to the portal, have been in use for maybe one month, so it is possible that we had this problem from the start.

And the cache builder log is empty (logging set to error and service restarted 2 days ago).
    i have changed "Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config" to WARN now.

change the log to "ALL" to see more what is happening in the log.  

Have you tried restarting the cachebuilder, along with the IIS (app pool, and browser)?
    yesterday i changed the webconsole and the cachebuilder log to "ALL". i have now entered a new group into the cireson_analysts AD group and i am waiting for the sync to happen.
    You restart the Cache builder from the Windows service? 
    edited February 2019
    yes i did that.

i have now recreated the error/bug. where shall i send the logs? i dont want to attach them here
  • Patrick_ChambersPatrick_Chambers Cireson Consultant Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    @Service_Desk2

I see you have opened a ticket with support. Looking over your log it appears that the permissions changed for the cachebuilder account. Is the account locked out or did the password change?
    Hi, 

No we have not changed the password nor is the account locked.

All sync is working, it's just that the groups/permissions sync is really slow, appears to happen once per day. and if i add a group to the cireson_analysts AD group that group will get access to all the custom pages i have created.

I have new logs with log level "ALL" but i cant enter  "my requests", i login to thge support page, click on "my requests" and after i get hit with another login page which is just looping.
    Try clearing your browser cache or try another browser and see if you get the same problem with the loop. 
    great, that worked, i have now updated the ticket.