Home Asset Management

How I make a multiple exclusion pattern?

Mikhail_ScherbakovMikhail_Scherbakov Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Good afternoon, colleagues!

My task is to make a multiple exclusion pattern. Read how to do it in the User-Guide-Asset-Mgt-SW-Assets.docx.

«10. Create Bundles

• If you need multiple exclusion patterns or software patterns to narrow the related assets into one line item, create a Bundle.
  • If you are only entering multiple exclusion patterns, you just enter the same software pattern, but different exclusion patterns to remove all the unwanted software names.»

I did it according to the manual, but instead of the extra “MUI” and “Proof” packages disappeared, the number counted by Microsoft Office 2007 is doubled.

For some reason it does not work as described in the manual. Please help me!

Best Answers

Answers

• damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will update the guide to eliminate any confusion. There are not many scenarios where you would need multiple exclusion patterns. By entering them this way the first pattern includes everything except %Proof%, but the 2nd pattern includes everything except %MUI% which includes proof. 

Just like the way Subscriptions should be built, where you use include or Equals instead of Does Not Equal in the Criteria, you must approach the SW Pattern the same way. Please attach an export to excel the filtered Office 2007 Software CI's and highlight the ones you want to include. I will show you what SW Patterns to use, that will probably not need exclusion patterns.
  • Mikhail_ScherbakovMikhail_Scherbakov Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hello Damon! Thanks for the answer. I send the file you requested. Thanks again for help.
    I'm sorry. For some reason the file is not attached. Attached again.
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sent private email, please email directly to me.
    Hello Damon! Maybe I should create a ticket on the support site?

Yes, it works. But if there is a new office package appear, what to do then? Each time, analyze the appearance of new packages and add new package definitions to bundle?

Thanks! Good luck Damon!