Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Required field on case closure

One of the engineers have been able to close a case, without ensuring the case has been assigned to himself.

I need to ensure the assigned user is set before closure.

How can I stop this happening?

Thanks

james

Answers

• Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi James

You could append the "Required: true" statement to the incident.js file in the customspace directory.  Additionally, that change would force the assignedto filed whenever an analyst creates an incident.  Hope that helps.

Mike
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're using Orchestrator you could have an always running runbook looking for Incidents that get moved from any status to Resolved. Then evaluate to see if the Assigned To relationship is set, if it isn't grab the Resolved By user and make them the Assigned To.

• James_PalmerJames_Palmer Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Michael,

Whereabouts do you add it into the file?

@ Adam, we don't use orchestrator?

Cheers

James

• Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi James,

Copy the "incident.js" file from C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\templates and paste into the C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace directory.  Modify the incident.js you just pasted in CustomSpace (line 50 [I believe] which is the assignto field) and append Required: true.  Hope that helps.

Mike
  • James_PalmerJames_Palmer Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Mike,

Found the line so shall I modify like so;

{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "AssignedTo", PropertyName: "AssignedWorkItem", FilterByAnalyst: false  }

To:

{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "AssignedTo" required:true, PropertyName: "AssignedWorkItem", FilterByAnalyst: false  }

Thanks

James

Should be { DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "AssignedTo", PropertyName: "AssignedWorkItem", FilterByAnalyst: false, Required: true },
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    The problem with setting a field to Required True (such as the Assigned to User like we did) is that the ticket can't be transferred from one group to another without assigning the user which is not desirable.   Is there a better way to have it only apply at Resolution/Completed or is Orchestrator the only way?  
    Hi Jeff,

Based on your last comment @Adam_Dzyacky suggestion is a good approach.  I understand you don't have Orchestrator, but you could possibly leverage a Cireson PowerShell activity to apply that functionality.  

Mike