Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Show more user attributes in the affected user selection pop-up.

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Our organization has about 35k users, and we have multiple Bob Smith's for example.   Currently with Service Portal, when you start to type in a name, the list only consists of the users name. If we need to pick Bob Smith, we can't tell which user is which because Service Portal only lists the record by display name. It needs to be able to list other attributes, phone number, e-mail address, or Company, then we could tell if we were picking the correct Bob Smith.

If anyone has any custom code that enables this in the selection window I would be interested in seeing it.

We have already customized the portal to where once a selection is made, more attributes on that user are displayed below the "Affected User" field.  Thank you "Cireson Support Community" for that.
7 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Coming back to this one, I've also noticed that when typing in a name, the results that displayed seems to use 'contains' versus 'begins with' as the logic..   As an example, if I type in Meyer, the results will begin with anything that 'contains' Meyer..   Like Brinkmeyer...      Could we get "Starts With" as the filter?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play around with your admin settings -> UserQuery to meet your business needs. 
    I have updated mine to make sure the analysts only select users with email address so workflows are able to properly send out notifications.
    (DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%') AND EmailAddress1 IS NOT Null

Based on your statement something like
    (DisplayName LIKE '@Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '@Query + '%') 
    Would archive the starts with filter. Play around in SQL to get the right syntax replacing the @Query with a test string "Meyer" until you get the results you want, then place the string in the portal admin settings. 
    The UserQuery admin setting runs against ServiceManagement.dbo.CI$User

Thanks Brian.

Next topic related to Affected User.   Is it possible with that same configuration to include things like phone numbers, or UserName (it's in your example)?

Can you point me to the where in the admin settings this is located?  I'm not our system admin. and would like to get them in the general area.  Or is any of this documented anywhere?

Are you referring to searching for a user via their phone number? Or once you select your affected user some of their attributes show up on the page form?
    Searching for them.
    Tested and it works in my lab
    (DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR BusinessPhone LIKE '%' + @Query + '%') AND EmailAddress1 IS NOT Null

Thank you Brian!
    Still need this and patiently waiting.   Today we found where we have three staff with the same name working for our organization...    Most tracking systems show phone numbers, company information on the 'selection' screen.   Cireson 'only' shows name...   We need more information at larger organizations...
    edited September 2019

On this same topic, using the 'magnifying glass' to search for affected users, in our environment this is limited to three (3) results. Can this be configured somewhere to show more than 3? If I type last name Smith, I have about 65 matches but the search is limited to 3. Why such a low number?