Home Service Manager

Renaming a list in Service Manager and for the new name to appear in the analyst portal

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to rename a list in service manager and for the new name to appear in the portal.

E.g. we are currently using Change Category but I have been asked to change it to "Change Type". How ever the option is greyed out and its part of a sealed management pack. is there any easy way to rename the list?

the other option is to create a new list using scsm list and MP using list maker, seal the MP, import the MP, extend the class of the template but it seems like a lot of work just to rename a list.

I was hoping there was an easy way.

Best Answers

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi @Mina_Saidi

I'm pretty sure that particular list doesn't appear in the Cireson Portal as such but you can rename anything in the Cireson Portal in the Localisation Settings. Find the Text you want to change in the big long list in there and then type your new text into the Override column.

Geoff
  • Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Geoff, I have tried that, it works but it renames 'impact" across the entire portal.

as in, the name of the list in SM is called Change Impact but it appears is "impact" on the portal. when I change "Change impact" to "change type" in localization settings in the portal it doesn't change it in the templates how ever when I changed "impact" to "change type" in localisation it changes each instance of  'Impact" to "change type" across all templates in the portal.

why is that the list is called change impact but appears as impact? if I change the propertydisplayname in the changerequest.js will that work or will that cause issues?

Agreed. I would like to use Change Category but I cant find the ENUMID to add it into the changerequest.js template under customspace. Change Category comes up in the console but not in the portal.

any ideas on how to find the enum ID? im guessing it could be in the management pack

Thanks Geoff, that was very helpful. i was struggling with finding the enum ID.