Home Analyst Portal

Change Management templates and activities

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi Team, 

We are currently outlining our change management processes and i have been asked to investigate if the portal can create the below

- one change management template ( to be named Change Request)
- Change Request template to have 4 change types (created as a list I'm guessing) changes type are Normal Change (BAU), Standard Minor, Standard Major, Emergency/Urgent Change
- each change type needs to have its own review activities, seperate approvers etc. 

My question is, is it at all possible to have seperate activities generated for a drop down list within the one template? 

if someone goes in and selects standard change it generates the relevant approvers and if they amend the change type (within the same template) it selects the appropriate activities? or does it mean i will need to create 4 seperate templates?

if i need to crate 4 seperate templates is it possible to have a "duplicate or copy/paste" option? in the scenario that the change initiator uses the wrong template? to avoid the scenario of the initiator having to redo all the work, they can simple copy and paste the details from one template to another?

hopefully that makes sense. :)

Thank you for your help. 

Kind Regards

Best Answers

• Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Patrick_Chambers that was very helpful

one other question, im not very good with writing up code/workflow,here will that go? in the service management database in SQL studio or custom space, or management pack?

thanks

Answers

Answer ✓

Thanks @Patrick_Chambers that was very helpful

one other question, im not very good with writing up code/workflow,here will that go? in the service management database in SQL studio or custom space, or management pack?

thanks

• Patrick_ChambersPatrick_Chambers Cireson Consultant Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Mina_Saidi

You can create a workflow in the service manager console under Administration > Workflows > Configuration.

Here is an example for an incident workflow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scsm/workflows?view=sc-sm-1807

oh wow. awesome. thank you. you have been great.

Kind Regards

hi @Patrick_Chambers 

I have one other question, is it possible to hide the other templates from the +NEW open on the bottom bar? so only the main "change request template" appears and the others are in the background to only apply if the certain options are triggered?

Kind REgards

• Patrick_ChambersPatrick_Chambers Cireson Consultant Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Mina_Saidi

Yes, you can determine which templates are available via scoping in the user security roles.
    Hi,

thanks for that. i have tried to do this but it isnt working for me.

I have added the code in my custom space but the templates still appear in the bottom bar.

i also dont get the option to create NEW Service Request, i just get From template. but for SR and IR i do get the options. i have added screenshots just to show it clearer.

I have gone into admin settings but i cant find where i need to enable that.

any ideas? and Im guessing Im missing something in the code.

when i select "change Request" i just want it to launch into a blank change request form which i have created in the console.

when i select incident, it gives new incident and it launches into the generic incident form. but for change request it only gives "from template" option and it provides a whole list of templates that i want hide.
    Thanks Tom, i used your code and added my prefixes in correctly and it works.

Thank you so much.