Home Survey App

Has anyone has issues where end users cannot submit survey results?

Richard_ChalkerRichard_Chalker Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi All,

Has anyone had permission issues with the survey that prevents end users being able to submit a survey once they've completed it?

The Javascript error I get is:

app.js?v=8124:1209 POST https://servicedesk/api/V3/Projection/Commit 403 (Forbidden)
XMLHttpRequest.send @ app.js?v=8124:1209
(anonymous) @ VM4222:11442
sendReq @ VM4222:11235
serverRequest @ VM4222:10945
processQueue @ VM4222:15552
(anonymous) @ VM4222:15568
$eval @ VM4222:16820
$digest @ VM4222:16636
$apply @ VM4222:16928
(anonymous) @ VM4222:24551
dispatch @ jquery.min.js?v=8124:2
y.handle @ jquery.min.js?v=8124:2

services.js:556
{success: false, message: "Forbidden Access. Only analysts can access this endpoint.", exception: null}

I've followed the installation guide and copied it all but yet this is still an issue - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1307#/

I also looked at the advice in this article too - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1320#/

I have a Cireson support request in but if anyone can offer up any help/advice in the meantime it'll be welcomed with open arms.

Thanks,

Rich

Best Answer

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi @Richard_Chalker
    This appears to be an issue introduced with a recent version. This has be raised internally.
    Geoff
  • Richard_ChalkerRichard_Chalker Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Geoff,

Is there a workaround or method to get this working.... we've gone live with the Cireson Portal this week (Wednesday to be exact) and cannot collect any feedback from end users....

Granted I missed this problem after installing the latest Cireson updates as part of the prep to go live. 

Do you have a problem record reference number so that I can follow it in the issues page?

Thanks,

Rich
    FYI I've had a reply back from support to confirm that there is currently no workaround. :(
    Hi all,

If anyone is interested, this is logged under this problem - https://support.cireson.com/Problem/Edit/PR81589/

• Olena_PrychynaOlena_Prychyna Customer IT Monkey ✭

Portal v8.12.6.

We are using API to create Service Request from chatbot.

/api/V3/Projection/Commit gives error: "Forbidden Access. Only analysts can access this endpoint."

Worked on v8.7.0.

• Matt_OvertonMatt_Overton Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I can confirm we've just gone live with the Survey App today and are having exactly the same issue, will be watching that problem for when it's sorted, but have hidden it from our portal for now.
  • Matt_OvertonMatt_Overton Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Does anyone know if this is fixed now? The problem ticket seems to be closed off now, but the version of Survey App available on the downloads site is exactly the same.
    Hi @Matt_Overton

It was actually an issue with the Portal APIs that the survey app utilises so it's fixed in the latest Portal version.

Geoff
    @Matt_Overton

I haven't received an official reply on my support ticket to say that it has been fixed, other than being asked to try updating the portal version (to which I asked some additional questions and have not had a reply yet). 

The problem ticket is showing as "Support-Released" so I'm assuming they are still testing the fix.

@Geoff_Ross

Do we know 100% that the new version of the portal solves this problem? 
    Also being cautious... 
    Are you aware of any newly reported issues with this newest version of the portal?

@Richard_Chalker

I personally haven't tested it but can't say for 100% but yes, its fixed in v9.0.0 of the Portal.
    As for other issues, again, I've not seen any but its fairly early days of a new major release so I understands your cautiousness.

Geoff
    Ok, thanks for the reply @Geoff_Ross

Think I'll stick with the cautious approach for the time being. 
    Thanks @Justin_Workman, I guess I better look at planning to install the update this week. 
    Also thanks for replying to my support ticket too!
    Hi All,

So I may have taken longer to get this updated installed (busy schedule) but I wanted to confirm that installing the Cierson Portal v9.0.3 fixed the problem with the survey app. 

Thanks @Justin_Workman and @Geoff_Ross for your replies within this thread.