Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

How to remove Platform Cache service when no c:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Platform exists?

Folks,  Tried following the instructions at https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1137#/ in order to remove the Platform Cache service but the c:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Platform\ folder doesn't exist.  The Platform Cache service exists but cannot start.  Have upgaded to Cireson Community Portal 8.12.6.2016 but the Platform Cache bit crashed mid-install.  The portal is installed and sort of works (some Request Offerings are very slow to appear) but otherwise the portal is working.  Any ideas?  Ta, Ben

Best Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓
    @Ben_McGarry
    I think you should be able to remove with
    sc delete Platform_Cache

Ensure you use cmd and not Powershell as in Powershell sc is an alias for something, i forget what.

You should get a confirmation when its successful in the cmd window.

After that, I suggest you re-run the installer and see if we can get it all working well.

Geoff
  • Options
    Ben_McGarryBen_McGarry Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    Many thanks, Geoff.  "sc delete Platform_Cache" cleaned out the Platform_Cache service.  I also re-installed the portal and got a Success with Warning to install DacFramework.msi which I did.
    Portal working bit Platform_Cache did not re-install.  Am going to check out why not.
    Thanks a mil for your help and very prompt response.  Ben

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓
    @Ben_McGarry
    I think you should be able to remove with
    sc delete Platform_Cache

Ensure you use cmd and not Powershell as in Powershell sc is an alias for something, i forget what.

You should get a confirmation when its successful in the cmd window.

After that, I suggest you re-run the installer and see if we can get it all working well.

Geoff
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Many thanks, Geoff.  "sc delete Platform_Cache" cleaned out the Platform_Cache service.  I also re-installed the portal and got a Success with Warning to install DacFramework.msi which I did.
    Portal working bit Platform_Cache did not re-install.  Am going to check out why not.
    Thanks a mil for your help and very prompt response.  Ben
  • Options
    I eventually figured out which is the correct kit (am installing from a directory as server has no internet access).  Installed from the kit in the "cire..tion_3562171ed5ede454_0008.000c_8dd46bdfcda494cb" folder and the Platform_Cache service has been installed.