Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Input Activity

Hi Community,

You know when you're wanting to automation an entire process start to end, but there's no way gather all the information during the RO process because so of it cannot be known yet.

We'll need to gather this info part way though the process, in a dynamic way, and in a way that can be interpreted by more automation further along the process.

How about this, an Input Activity:

Very similar to an MA, but with an input section configured in the template just like RO prompts. This means you can gather the info you need from the Analyst or possibly even the User, as you go through the process. The activity would not be able to be completed until all the Required fields were completed ensuring the future automation will have the inputs it needs.

The example in the image above, its a Hardware Equipment order process. We could automate the assignment of the device to the user but only if we know which exact item was picked from the stock room. We could email the user with an delivery date, but only if we gather that info, once the courier has provided it after arranging the shipping.

Please let me know what you all think, and up-vote if you like the idea.

Geoff
7 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We are currently building this type of automation into offerings in our ITAM HW project, i use the user inputs from the SR to pick the values i need to automate further. It works pretty well but if there is many prompts it cab be tricky to get the correct values from the userinputs. But when not to complex offerings it works pretty well.