Home General Discussion

View Model values documentation

Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
Gentlemen, 
I am trying to use viewmodel values but can't seem to guess them.   Is there a list of all the values and what they represent? Many are obvious but some are not.   I couldn't figure out (even with the form up and developer running in Chrome) that viewModel.AssignedWorkItem was actually the user field and viewModel.SupportGroup was case sensitive.   I am now trying to figure out the Incident Classification which may be class but...........

How do you guys know what is what?

Best Answers

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jeff,

Hope you are well, this sounds similar to another case in this Community thread:
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/4018/how-to-target-the-viewmodel-when-there-is-no-pageform-object

Could you have a look at this and let me know if this helps at all?

Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 2019

Shane....  Yes I have looked at that link and others. 

I have been pinging James   Kleinschnitz who has been helping me with some code and viewModel names but I was looking for more.  Thank you.

Geoff, That is the best "documentation" I have seen on the viewModel.   I am trying to build a comprehensive list of guid's  (status's as an example) and viewModel fields to make writing the custom code faster. 

I know this is a lot to ask but if someday there were a complete list of form names/functions, related viewModel fields, and which ones we can actually change, it would help those, like me, who are new to javascript. 

Thank you again for taking the time to educate this rookie.

Jeff