Home Analyst Portal

How to customize the home page and style elements

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi,

Starting from a default setup of the Analist portal (v9), what are the best practices for customizing the home page and style elements ?

Answers

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    In the release notes I read
    With any upgrade, custom form definitions may need to be updated to use the latest versions of the default templates in order to work properly.

Where do I find the default Template définition ? If I have an existing custom.js, do I need to make adjustments in it, or do I need to restart from the default Template and re-apply my customisations ?

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    default templates are in InetPub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\Forms\Templates.  If you follow the advice you quoted, you would need to start from the default template and re-add your customizations.  Personally, I would rather compare them in a text comparison tool and look for parts that have been updated by Cireson that I may wish to bring in.
    Thanks Tom. What I noticed is that my custom.css now contains the word  !important  for a lot of items next to the property values. Any idea where those are coming from ?
    None whatsoever.  That would only be in your custom.css, which does not get edited by the installer.  Is anyone else working on that file who may have edited it?

I have been switching between the beta and release version and doing all kinds of crazy things to my poor dev environment, and even with all of that have never seen what you are describing.  The only time that file changes without me knowing is if someone else checks it out of source control and makes changes, in my experience.  If you have something else going on, then it is quite the mystery to me (and concerning if actually related to an upgrade, etc.).
    I would be the only one to edit that file. The original developer is no longer available, and after the upgrade our customisations got all messed up, see https://community.cireson.com/discussion/4704/customized-pages-lost-after-upgrade-to-v9#latest
    I saw that thread earlier.  I am very interested to know how that happened, since I have never run across anything quite like it.