Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Copy/Paste media directly in comments? (as same as KB)

It would be nice to have a feature who permit to insert media into WI comments. It can help support team to save time. Today it's working into Knowledge article, but it's maybe more difficult to implement into WI comments.

Thanks
0 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @CA_Luxemborg
    You can't really copy and paste media into KB articles today, so I'm not sure I follow this feature request. You have to copy a Base64 encoded string into a KB article img link for this to work today, is this what you are referring to?

Assuming this is the case, the work item action log comment is limited in characters, and a base64 encoded link can be quite large. This is a limitation of SCSM. We could look at other ways though of doing this, if this is what you are looking for with this feature request.
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @seth_coussens
    In kb articles today you can paste an image from clipboard without any issues :smile:
    I understand the limitation in SCSM but it would still be a quite nice feature :smiley:  
    Yes, that was an older comment, but that functionality is now included with some recent changes. This includes the ability to paste animated GIF as well, and even drag and drop images into KB articles!

It is a bit different saddly, due to the way SCSM works to be able to include images in action log comments, but this is something we are researching. No ETA at this point.
  • alex_kokinalex_kokin Member IT Monkey ✭

I have the latest version installed and I am still unable to paste anything into notes or comments boxes. As a matter of fact, it will not even let me hit save unless I type something in there after copying text into the box.

You cannot do this today, as SCSM only supports characters in the action log comments, so images and files are not supported.You can drag and drop images and files to the ticket itself however.