Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Service Request Permissions

I created a new SR and a new SO and added the SR to the SO.  I did not add either of them to any groups, but users that already have access to other SR's can see the new SR.  I cannot see where they are getting permissions to this new SR.  I have looked everywhere I know, the users are not part of any other roles except the End Users role that does not have access to any SR's. 

I have tried every troubleshooting step I can find, truncate LastModified table, restart cachebuilder service, restart apppool, reset IIS, I have even rebooted the SM\Portal server and the SQL server.  There are no errors in the cachebuilder log.

Any help as to how to find where these permissions are coming from would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answers

• Options
    Harold_HarrisHarold_Harris Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    I found the offending Group.

Answers

• Options
    I have a Global Operators group that has all domain users or groups that are not "pending delete".  But neither SO applies to that.  That is the only dynamic group I have. 

Also as a test I took the AD group that was in the User Role that gives access to the original SO out of the User Role and all of the SR's can still be seen.  That AD group is not part of any other User Roles and the user I am testing with is not in any group that is part of any User Roles except for our custom End Users role and I have tested other users and they cannot see the SR's

I only have two SO's and 4 SR's so there is not that many.

It has to be something simple that I am missing, but I cannot figure it out!
  • Options
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    I found the offending Group.