Home Analyst Portal

Custom Field in the Portal - Object does not bind initially

Steve_BarnardSteve_Barnard Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I created a field in the Incident Form which uses an Object Picker. Been through the Cireson guide https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1174#/ which worked fine. However, when I create a new Incident and use the object picker to select the object, I click save. When I open up the Incident ticket, the object field is blank and the object is not bound to the field. If I then use the object picker to select the object again and press save - when I re-open the same ticket, the object has bound to the field.

Why is it not binding the first time I save the ticket?

Cheers

Steve

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a similar discussion here in the community over the past few days.
    Check out https://community.cireson.com/discussion/729/change-request-primary-owner#latest

Hope that helps.
  • Steve_BarnardSteve_Barnard Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi Brett,

I have all the Type projections etc configured. I can select the object from the Object Picker. My issue is that the object doesn't initially save in the incident ticket in the portal. I have to re-open the newly created ticket and pick the object again. When I click Save, this time it saves. I would like it to save the first time the ticket is created. Similar to the way the Affected User picker works.

The post you mentioned doesn't explain why it is not saving to the ticket (as far as I can see).

Thanks

Steve

• Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Steve.

I had the same issue. To get this working, I had to make a separate form extension which applies to the incident form (which includes the additional object picker you have created). Once this has been imported into SCSM, you have to open the related "default template" used by the portal, and re-save it.

From memory, I think the default template used in the portal was in a sealed management pack, so I created a new default template, and saved it as per the above instructions, and then ensured that the portal was pointing to my new default template for incidents.

This should fix it for you.

Cheers,
    Adrian