Home Orchestrator

SR hangs at submit when RunbookAutomation

DamienDamien Member IT Monkey ✭
Hey All

I have created a new runbook activity that grabs some user information and copies it to the title of the SR. The runbook runs fine when running it through the runbook tester but when i try and add it to a service request offering it breaks my form and just sits there with the loading dots, eventually timing out the session.

Looking at the logs in orchestrator I cant see that it has even initiated the job. Any help would be great.

Answers

• DamienDamien Member IT Monkey ✭
    Just found this in the webconsole.log file

Creating request offering failed with error: Cannot resolve identifier CustomMicrosoft_SystemCenter_Orchestrator!Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.RunbookAutomationActivity in the context of management pack ManagementPack.15dd7c9829b242089bb31bb6f8917ebd. Unknown alias: CustomMicrosoft_SystemCenter_Orchestrator
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    @Damien

Your management pack is missing a reference. I'm not sure how this has happened but I expect you could fix it by taking your SR template, removing the runbook activity, saving it and then readding the runbook activity.

You can then test it right there in the console by creating an SR from template.

Geoff
    @Damien

Your management pack is missing a reference. I'm not sure how this has happened but I expect you could fix it by taking your SR template, removing the runbook activity, saving it and then readding the runbook activity.

You can then test it right there in the console by creating an SR from template.

Geoff
    Hi Geoff

I took your advise and removed and re-added it. changed a few things in the mapping section of the runbook and managed to get it to work by creating a new service request from template. it works as expected but still doesn't through the cireson portal. WebConsole.log still shows the same error.

"2019-03-15 11:25:21,836, ERROR [  26]:  Creating request offering failed with error: Cannot resolve identifier CustomMicrosoft_SystemCenter_Orchestrator!Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.RunbookAutomationActivity in the context of management pack ManagementPack.15dd7c9829b242089bb31bb6f8917ebd. Unknown alias: CustomMicrosoft_SystemCenter_Orchestrator
    "
    Not sure what i have to do to get this to work in the portal.
    Hi @Damien

This is very odd. That error is coming back from the SCSM SDK as the web console tried to use the template. So its very off that it works in the console which would use the very same SDK.

Can you please confirm the method you are using to create the SR. (or trying to).

Geoff
    Hi @Geoff_Ross

I manually create the SR from a template in the SCSM console by adding the data in the custom fields and it works. But when i try and use my service request offering using the same template from the portal it hangs and the webconolse.log shows that error.
    Could be a permissions issue. What if you create it via NEW --> Service Request --> Create from Template