Home Analyst Portal - Community

Community Portal Install Question

Good Day!

Recently embarked on installing the portal, I have completed the pre-requisites and currently installing the portal.  At this moment the install is working on "Cireson.Platform.Host.exe-Service" 

Is it normal for this part of the process to take a long time?  I have been sitting at this portion of the setup for about 4 hours at this point.  

My initial thought was that the DB sync was taking time to complete, but 4 hours does seem a bit drastic.  

Is the install hung?  Should I end the task ad re-try the install? Has anyone ran into this issue in the past? Taking a check of the knowledge base, I did not see it doing an initial look, and the install guide did not mention any thing to the effect. 

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Nathan_Bates,

Glad to hear you are installing the Cireson Portal! You are right that is definitely a long time for this to be taking to create and should not be taking this long, I would verify all the permissions are set up as outlined in the install instructions and try running again.

But in answer to your question it sounds like the install has hung yes!

Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Nathan_BatesNathan_Bates Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the response Shane.

I ended the current install and was able to get a successful install of the portal.

I am currently running into the issue that I am not able to access the portal, I have attempted to use both port 80 and 443, yet both will bring up a authentication box that will repeatedly pop up. After a few attempts it will simply show a white screen. 

I have set the install for windows authentication and made sure the requirements were all present.

I am double checking authentication on the Portal now and other Verifying other IIS items, but if there were any pointers that would be great.

Thank you. 
    That is good news! If you are having issues with authentication I would check the permissions on the service accounts according to the install guidance notes.

When the authentication box pops up are you checking that the domain\username is in the correct format? Do you have just the one domain or multiple?

Are you logging into the Portal as an Administrator or the system?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    I have checked the service account used during install and it is properly configured.  

When logging into the website, I have attempted to use and admin, normal user and the service account.  Best result I got other then I white screen was:

The webpage at <address> might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

I have also been looking at KB on the Cireson Portal and made the changes suggested here:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/90#/
    ,but the results were the same. 

At this point I am pondering going though the uninstall process to start fresh in order to take care of any errors that may have happened from my first attempts at installing the portal. 

We do not have any data tied to the Cireson Portal at this point and uninstalling to do a fresh install would not be as cumbersome as it would be down the road. 

When you did the install did you follow the guidance in this KB:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1349#/

Have you checked all the Service Account permissions are set correctly? I would suggest maybe running through the install again and checking your Web Settings and/or binding in IIS.

If you are able to could you either send me your install logs or attach them to this thread please?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    I did check the bindings in IIS and had to bind the certificate, and ran through the install again and have sent you the logs from the most recent install via PM.
    Looking at the log everything installed as it should have done! Can you get the log files for the Platform Cache, Cache Builder and Web Console for me and PM those to me?

Platform Logs: C:\ProgramData\Cireson.Platform.Host\PlatformLog-xxxx.xx.xx.log

Cache Builder Logs: C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\logs\cachebuilder.log

Web Console Logs: C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Logs\WebConsole.log

Shane.
    PM With files sent. 
    I think the error might have been because the instance for the SQL server was not set correctly, the Server was correct but the instance was not designated, I am making the change now and will respond with the results. 
    Shane,

That was indeed the failure, once I corrected the instance designation the portal is now loading properly.  

Thank you for your time, and apologies about the gross over site on my part. 

Enjoy the rest of your day!
    Nathan,

Perfect, glad it is all up and running!

Thanks, you too :smile:

Shane.
    Shane, 

Quick follow up question, browsing the portal now and all of the IR are coming though, but SR are not showing up in the portal is this by design, I see in the settings for Cireson -Portal Group Mapping Settings on the Server that SR are listed. 
    Nathan,

Because you are using the Community Portal you will only have Incidents available, the paid version includes the other work item types.

Shane.
    That is understandable, and what I figured.  Thank you.