Home Analyst Portal - Community

Settings/Admin/GroupSettings Issues

Good Day All!  

Portal has been up and running for a couple of days now, even updated to the latest build and starting to work though the process of understanding/customizing all admin settings.  

I have stumbled upon an issue that the GroupSettings sub page will now load and the following error occurs. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "SCSMDBNAME" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'SERVICEACCOUNT'.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "SCSMDBNAME" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'SERVICEACCOUNT'.]

I have verified that the account that is being used can log into the server, the database and have dbo, owner and read rights to the DB. 

I it is also the same account used for all services attached to the Cireson Portal.  I have having no other issues with the Cireson Portal, I can adjust admin settings on other sub sections and can create and modify tickets from the Cireson Portal. 

Still researching the issue, but wanted to post here encase anyone has run across this issue. 

Best Answer

• Nathan_BatesNathan_Bates Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    Justin yes, I have verified that and the account checks out.

I was I was able to locate this issue, the server that was being referenced for the Service Manager DB was incorrect.   The ConnectionString was referencing the localhost when it should have been referencing my SCSM Server and instance. 

I was able to modify the dbo.DataSourceConfiguration table in the Portal DB, in order to point it to the correct server.  After doing so the GroupSettings page appeared. 

During initial install of the portal I did re-install several times, while troubleshooting another issue and I am guessing that the particular value had a stuck value associated with it because of my botch attempts. 

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your database in an availability group?
    I have had similar issues where the permissions are set on the primary instance but forgotten on the secondary, and you get the error when failed over.
    Currently the database is not in an availability group. 
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Can you verify that the App Pool identity is the same account you're using for the cachebuilder account and/or that it has access to read the ServiceManager database? 
    Answer ✓
    Justin yes, I have verified that and the account checks out.

I was I was able to locate this issue, the server that was being referenced for the Service Manager DB was incorrect.   The ConnectionString was referencing the localhost when it should have been referencing my SCSM Server and instance. 

I was able to modify the dbo.DataSourceConfiguration table in the Portal DB, in order to point it to the correct server.  After doing so the GroupSettings page appeared. 

During initial install of the portal I did re-install several times, while troubleshooting another issue and I am guessing that the particular value had a stuck value associated with it because of my botch attempts.