Home Asset Management
Options

Clarification for the asset management setting in software metering

Ben_HoltBen_Holt Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi

I was hoping to get some clarification on a setting in the Software Asset Update Workflow. There is an option for "Only count computers that have current software metering data (not operating systems)," but I was hoping to learn more about what the Cireson workflow considers "current" software metering data. Does it mean that software metering data had to be pulled today, the past 7 days, or is it using the number from the "Only count computers changed since this number of days" option?

Our goal is to set it so that it would count computers that had used a metered piece of software in say the past 90 days.

Thanks
Ben

Answers

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ben,

The Information that is pulled from SCCM is done through the Software Metering Connector and in here you will see under the general tab the following information, including the maximum age in days to count as software use which I believe is what you are referring to when you say 'Current' as this is the maximum number of days in the past to pull software metering data from that counts as "used" software for Asset Management purposes in your organization.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
    Shane.