Home Asset Management

What is wrong with this Software Pattern

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
So my question is this we have like 1000 swa in itam but only a fraction of them gets the related assets populated with the computers that have this sw installed. Some swa get that relation but some don`t have have never been spotted as having this swa installed. 
So i have been tracking Visual Studio.NET 2015 Pro Upd 3
wich i know that are installed on like 50+ computers but not one is picked up by the SWA sync WF. 
u have tried multiple SW Patterns but no luck. and yes the related ConfigItem has the sw inventoried
patterns i have tried
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional%
%Microsoft Visual Studio Professional%
Visual Studio.NET 2015 Pro Upd 3%
%Visual Studio.NET 2015 Pro Upd 3%
and so on. I no there was a fix with the location not beeing set but that should be fixed in the ITAM v8.2.0.2016 wich is installed.

Any one have a suggestion on what is worng??

Answers

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hey Robert,

I have just created a SW for tracking Visual Studio and it works for me using a pattern of Visual Studio%

Do you have a pic of the actual names you are seeing for Visual Studio.NET within Software > All Software that I can compare mine too please
  • Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @James_Atance
    thx for your answer, so i just gone trough this and it turned out that this particular SWA was set to Named Users and Computers and what i understand is that it is ignored by the sync and you have to manually add the computers/users that have it installed. Do you have a good solid way of doing this with PS. we are thinking of building a sync from our AD groups that handle the applications, but feel free to give any suggestion on how to handle these SWA.