Home Analyst Portal

Upon Approving a Request, Also Submit the request in the same operation

Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Cireson Community, 

I'm interested to know if it's possible to add some JS to the custom.js file to be able to change the behaviour of the approve/reject buttons on a Review Activity on the Cireson Portal. 

Basically when a user clicks the approve/reject button, we want it to simultaneously submit with the same operation (also skipping the 'Add comments' question)

I've tried to find the Javascript function to attempt to write this myself, but I wasn't entirely sure exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks, 
Tony

Best Answer

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    So to get this straight, you are looking for a way to remove the requirement for the comment on an Approve or Reject click event on a Review Activity?
    If this is the case, then yes this would be possible. You would have to replace the click event of the Approve and Reject buttons to enter a default comment and commit the data.
    How to do this??  I have no idea.  :smile:
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that's what I want to look at doing. I have been trying to work it out, but it has been difficult without a basic Javascript reference guide. There is a Feature Request that I've voted on to get one of those in action. 
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    There are a few ways to go about this, but I think the EASIEST way would be to attach a click event to the 'approve' button, that has a timeout on it that will wait for the comment box to popup and then put int an automatic comment and trigger the save button.

What do you have so far and what direction were you moving in?
  • Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Tony_Collett, Are you making progress on this request? Let us know how we can help.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Steve, no, I haven't had another opportunity to look into it since I posted this. I probably won't be able to return to this for now.

Thanks

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you fire this idea up again, please do share whatever code you have with the community as I am sure there are some that can help and some that could benefit from the custom code.

Good Luck
  • Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Ditto...