Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Incident Task to quickly attach Incident to a Problem Record

Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
This adds functionality like the "Link Problem" option in the Console. by clicking the task link, it shows a popup window listing all current open Problem records. selecting a Problem Record on the dropdown and clicking ok, will relate the incident to that problem record, without having to go to the related items tab and searching for the record to add.

just drop the files in your custom space folder, and include them in your custom.js. i have tested this on both IE11 and Chrome.

Comments

• Josh_SchmiedelJosh_Schmiedel Customer IT Monkey ✭
    super helpful! This is just what we were looking for!
  • Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    @Jeff_Lang
    How would you hide this task for a basic user (Non-Analyst)?  I have it implemented as is but when a non-analyst opens an incident where they are the affected user the task displays on the right.  It does nothing when the user clicks on it but I would rather the user not even see it.

I have added the following below the "if (session.user.Analyst) {AttachToProblemRecord();"

//If the user is not an analyst, hide the task
      if(!session.user.Analyst) {$( ".taskmenu li:contains('Attach to Problem Record')" ).hide();}
      }

The non-admin user sees the task but when clicked it vanishes.  Still I would rather the user not even see it.
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Here is the one we are currently using, this version does hide the task from anyone that is not an analyst
  • Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Turns out my issue was related to browser cache.
  • Hayden_EckhoffHayden_Eckhoff Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This was working for me but now doesn't, When i select the Problem record i want the IR attached to and click OK nothing happens. I have just upgraded my Portal version to 9.1.0.2012, would anyone know what i need to change to get this working again?

It seems with some changes to version 9 it have affected this one.

Here is an updated copy which should work with version 9+ of the portal, and also previous versions.

NOTE: You may need to change the path in the "require" within the js file depending on where in your custom space you put this

That doesnt seem to work for me,

I have edited this line
    require(["text!/CustomSpace/CustomScriptFiles/RelateIncidentToProblemTask/RelateIncidentToProblemTask.html"], function (htmlTemplate) {

To this
    require(["text!/CustomSpace/RelateIncidentToProblemTask.html"], function (htmlTemplate) {

I have then restarted IIS, and also restarted cireson portal
    @Hayden_Eckhoff have you tried clearing your browser cache ?
    good call, this is now working. Thanks Jeff :D