Home General Discussion

Problems upgrading Cireson Portal

Philip_HåkansPhilip_Håkans Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Hello!
I'm having a little issue when updating our Cireson Portal to 9.1. I fill in all the information but at the very last step when I click "Install" I get a prompt telling me this:

"ServiceManagement and CiresonAnalytics database already exists, would you like to overwrite this database?" (See attachment)

I don't want to overwrite our database. Is there anything I can do to get around this? My colleague tried the upgrade instead and everything worked fine when upgrading on his account?

We both fill in exactly the same information in the setup process, yet my colleague is never prompted with this message.

Any ideas?

Best Answers

Answers

• Philip_HåkansPhilip_Håkans Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Okay, so just to be clear it should not overwrite and empty the already existing databases? Because that would make me a sad IT-monkey :smile:

Thanks for your help! :) I'll give it a shot next time we update our portal!
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Has anyone noticed that the ticket history has been truncated?   and unrelated Where can one see the Resolution of an Incident in the Portal?
    Just FYI: We managed to get around the warning completely by copying my colleagues setup.config file and overwriting my setup.config with his file. (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Cireson Setup). After doing this the warning no longer showed up.

@Jeff_Landers
    You should be able to see the resolution of an incident in the "Resolution" tab on the incident itself.