Home Analyst Portal

After Hour Tags

Paul_SandersPaul_Sanders Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello, I want to add a selection similar to the Escalated check-box for Afterhours. This way when a Help Desk Member is working After normal business hours, they can simply click this and the ticket will have a marker that later on we could search for to get an accurate account of how many of these we process. I thought about a Parent Category but adding that will disrupt our general reporting. Is there any information you can provide me?

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add the checkbox, you will need to do two things:
    1. Extend the work item class to give it another property called Afterhours, type boolean (true/false).
    2. Edit your ticket form(s) to include the new field.
    If you also use the SCSM console, then you'll need to edit those forms too.

You can extend a class with the authoring tool (not my personally preferred/recommended way), or you can just write up your own management pack, either by hand or using VSAE

Editing the portal forms is explained very well in this support KB article.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We meet this need by adding AfterHours to the enum list of incident source.
  • Paul_SandersPaul_Sanders Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Do you have directions on this?
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    In the SCSM Authoring tool...
    1. Head into the Class Explorer and hit the Refresh button
    2. Search for Incidents by searching for Incident, right-click and 'View'
    3. Right-click on the Incident class as seen in the Management Pack Explorer and choose "Extend"
    4. Then choose New to create a new custom management pack. You may want to call it something like "YourOrgNameHere.Incident.Extensions"
    5. Choose "Create property..."
    6. Call it "AfterHours"
    7. Then change the data type in the "Details" pane from "String" to "bool"
    8. Save your MP, seal the MP with your own custom key, import the sealed *.MP file

You can also change the Display Name to read "After Hours", provide a description for what the property means, etc. At this point you'll have extended the class. What you'll want to do next is very similiar to the above, except instead of looking against the Incident Class, you'll want to look against the Incident Form in the Form Browser.

1. Search for Incident
    2. Right click and "View"
    3. Choose Customize and create a new, different MP to store form customizations into

You can now re-arrange and customize the Incident form as much as you want at this point. But to wrap this AfterHours example up - drag a Checkbox control onto the form. In the details section, change its binding to your AfterHours property you just extended/created above. Seal this MP and import.

At this point you now have two different MPs, one that contains all of your class extensions and another that contains all the customization you've made to the form. Which means you can now edit them independently of one another going forward.