Home Analyst Portal

Renaming of Support Groups does not get reflected in the portal

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Because of an organizational change, I had to rename 3 of our support groups. I changed the names in "Service Request Support Group" and "Incident Tier Queue" list and also deleted some old entries. Of course, it got immediately reflected in the SCSM console. I restarted the Cache builder but even after 45 minutes, I still have the old support group names to select in the portal view. This is a bit confusing because some still use the console and now have the new names, but the portal analyst still see the old names.

Am I too impatient or is this something that gets not updated by the cache builder? Anything else I forgot?

Unfortunately, it's not an option to create new queue names, I had to use the old ones and rename.

Thanks.

Ingrid

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ingrid_Glatz

Can you confirm after you made these changes you checked that under Administration > Settings > Cireson Portal Group Mapping Settings > All these AD Groups are mapped that you need?

I would also recommend Recycling the Application Pool in IIS, then restarting Cireson Cache Builder again. Also clearing your browser cache won't harm!

Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Shane,

yes, I checked all group mapping settings after the renaming, all support groups with their new names are properly mapped to their AD groups.

Recycling App Pool might be an idea, as well as clearing the browser cache. But this can't be done during business hours. I thought it might get synchronized without too much effort.

I'll wait until tomorrow morning to do the tasks before all analysts start their work.

Thanks

Ingrid

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries let me know how you get on! 
    Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI if you didn't update the App pool settings they it does recycle during business hours. The schedule is every 25 hours. So the recycle time shifts one hour every day. Recycling the pool during the day should only cause short delay displaying enums while it rebuilds. Typically for me less than a minute. 99% of the time my environment never notices.
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    We found it easier to tell everyone that things like this reflect the next day in the portal, and changed the iis settings to recycle the AppPool every day at 6 am, just to be save we set a scheduled task to restart the cache builder every day at 5 am as well. this ensures things do reflect the next day and keeps people off our backs when these types of changes are done
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi everybody,

this morning, everything's fine. I didn't do a manual AppPool recycle or cleared browser cache, just let it sit over night. I usually tell people to wait until next day for the changes to be synchronized and reflected.

Ingrid