Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Cireson Cach Builder service does not start

I keep getting the following error message when I try to start the Cireson Cache Builder Service.

The Cireson Cache Builder service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There could be many reasons for this, but the most common one I have run into is that the username/password used by the service is incorrect.  It will initially run, then error out a few seconds/minute later in this case.

Even if just to rule this out, I would recommend right clicking the Cache Builder service (in the windows Services list), editing the login information for it, then starting/restarting the service.  Keep in mind that if the password is correct, the user name might not be if you are using cross-forest trust between the server's domain and the user's domain.

As I said, there are plenty of other potential reasons, but this one has actually gotten me before.  :)
  • NancyNancy Member IT Monkey ✭
    I have already checked and double checked the password and username.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the credentials are 100% accounted for the next thing I'd turn to is checking to see if you have Group Policy or anything preventing the service account to log on as a service/locally.
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have typo'd a change in the custom.js which has prevented the CB from starting.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the user/pass are 100% guaranteed to be correct and the account is able to log on locally/as a service per Adam's suggestion (adding the account to the Administrators group on the server is a quick way to troubleshoot this, if not a very delicate way to accomplish it), then I would make sure that the account has sufficient rights to the CiresonAnalytics, ServiceManagement, and ServiceManager databases on your SQL server.  It should at least have the db_DataWriter role, if not DBO on those databases.
    Account is a member of the administrators group on the server.  The account is also a member of the administrators group.  
  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nancy

Have you rerun the installer to see if this corrects the issue?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    The service is now running.
  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you do to resolve this in the end?
    The cache account was missing the required security rights for the SQL cluster.