Home Analyst Portal - Community

Service Requests are not published to portal

Jay_RhotenJay_Rhoten Customer IT Monkey ✭
I've recently updated my DEV environment to UR14 and enabled TLS during the upgrade. Afterwards I unpublished the existing service requests and created a new one. The new SR is not publishing or being seen in the portal. I ran the recommended Cireson procedure to clear the database and let it rebuild, but the SR does not appear. Everything seems to be running (services, servers, and runbooks....) but I seem to be missing a step somewhere. Suggestions are appreciated.

Best Answer

• Jay_RhotenJay_Rhoten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    The service request is published in the portal, and I used the following articles during the troubleshooting process.   

Using this link: How to fix the System Center Portal if it does not show up the published Service Offerings

Using this link: How To: Completely Re-sync Data with the Cache Builder in the Cireson Portal

Shane - I will update the portal software to the latest version in the TEST environment.

Brian - Thanks that binary based troubleshooting suggestion.

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jay_Rhoten

Have you tried Recycling the Application Pool in IIS and restarting the Cache Builder Service?

Are you seeing any errors in the Cache Builder Log?
    C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\logs\cachebuilder.log

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Recycled the app pool, restarted IIS, and turned logging up to max. I didn't see any errors in the log. 
    I have just noticed you published this thread in Community Portal, what version are you running? And are you using the evaluation edition with no license?

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I like to do is check the database first. This helps track down if its a permission issue.
    ServiceManagment DB
    select * from RequestOffering
    If it is in the list it replicated to the portal and you troubleshoot cache,permissions, apppool etc.
    If not in the list you troubleshoot the cache builder and if the RO is published correctly.
    HTH
    Remember to check
    select * from LastModified
    To see if the sysc cycle completed.
    Brian, I checked and the RO replicated to the portal.

Shane, I'm using SCSM 2012 R2 and the Current Portal Version: 8.7.3.2012 and Management Pack Version: 7.7.2012.185. I recently updated to Update Roll Up 14 and enabled TLS v1.2 support for the systems participating in the test environment.
    @Jay_Rhoten
     The first thing I would probably suggest is updating then in your Test environment because you are quite a few versions behind, then I would also check your License Settings to make sure all is licensed correctly.
    Thanks,
    Shane.
    Answer ✓
    The service request is published in the portal, and I used the following articles during the troubleshooting process.   

Using this link: How to fix the System Center Portal if it does not show up the published Service Offerings

Using this link: How To: Completely Re-sync Data with the Cache Builder in the Cireson Portal

Shane - I will update the portal software to the latest version in the TEST environment.

Brian - Thanks that binary based troubleshooting suggestion.