Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is it possible to create Config Item via the Cireson API?

Roelof_LuingeRoelof_Luinge Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,

We want create a new Business Service into the servicemanager when we roll out this new Business Service in Azure cloud.
Is this possible? Cireson Support told me to go down the route of using Projection Commit. As I am not a dev, I cant get this working. Any Ideas?

Regards, roelof

Answers

• Options
    Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I assume you are looking to build many Business Services in Azure cloud.  If that is true, then I would look down the path of building an SCSM connector rather than the portal API- probably easiest way to create a connector would be with the Asset Import connector (assuming you have it).

I haven't gotten too much into Azure, but I doubt you would have direct database access, so you would need a 2 step process.  First, build some kind of interface to Azure that would run on a schedule that outputs the Business Service data in a format (likely a .CSV file) that the Asset Import connector can consume.  Secondly, setup an Asset Import connector to read the Azure output data and process it accordingly.

While setting up a connector that creates and updates Business Services is good...  I would suggest that you also take into consideration what happens if/when service is deleted from Azure.  Without a 2nd connector handling this use case, you could run the risk of there being valid Business Service records in SCSM that do not exist in Azure.