Home Analyst Portal

Why does hiding description field on analyst incident forms generates error in controller.js?

Thorsten_MewesThorsten_Mewes Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi there!

I am trying to hide the description field on our analyst incident forms by using an custom incident.js file and commenting out the description section:

/*{
   columnFieldList: [
      { DataType: "LongString", PropertyDisplayName: "Description", PropertyName: "Description", MinLength: 0, MaxLength: 4000, Disabled: true}
   ]
},*/

After changing the incident form i get an error when viewing the incident form:

Hiding other fields works by this method works fine. Why is it a problem to hide the description field? Any help appreciated. Maybe there is another way desciption can be hidden? But also very curious why hiding it via incident.js causes controller.js to run into this error.

Thanks for helping out!

Answers

• Thorsten_MewesThorsten_Mewes Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I got some more details on this i want to share:

More Information:

This seems to affect only the analyst form, removing description from end-user section works fine.
  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Thorsten_Mewes

What version of the Portal are you running? I have tried this in my lab and I get no issues at all.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Where are on Portal version 9.0.11.2016
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Thorsten_Mewes

I just tried this on my environment and I have not had an issue.
    The Description field does not show for me and there are no errors int he console tab of the developer tools.

Ensure you have followed the following troubleshooting steps:
    1. Remove the Incident.js file from the CustomSpace folder and re-test.
    2. Copy a clean version of Incident.js from the template folder to CustomSpace folder and comment out just the Description field and re-test.
    3. If the error persists, delete the entire Description field row from Incident.js in the CustomSpace folder and re-test.
    4. If after each of these tests, the error continues, try resetting IIS by stopping the website, recycling the app pool and running IISReset.
    There is no technical reason that what you are attempting to do would fail.

Let us know how you go with this testing.