Home SMA Connector

SQL query for asset connector solution to import information from SCCM

Amit_SehgalAmit_Sehgal Customer IT Monkey ✭

Please suggest a default SQL query (perhaps one Cireson has used during testing of their Asset connector solution) to be able to import the information from SCCM for the left to right Data mapping of the Software section of the Asset Management Module.

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Amit_Sehgal
    I'd love to give you a simple answer to this question.... but it's not that easy.

Software Assets, within the Cireson Asset Management Solution, are not just a replication of data that exists in SCCM.
    Instead it is a way of tracking what Software Assets you have and then consuming the SCCM data to show what machines or users apply to that asset.

Example 1:
    My organisation owns a site license for WinZip and therefore I don't need to track how many installs I have as my license overs every install on my network. Therefore I would not both to create a Software Asset for it.

Example 2:
    My organisation owns 100 Visio licenses.
    I create a Software Asset with "Visio.exe" as the software pattern for the Asset and add the purchased count of 100 on the software asset.
    The Cireson Asset Management workflows then runs and finds all SCCM clients with Visio.exe on them and counts each one against that software asset.

Example 3:
    My Organisation has 100 Visio licenses. 75 owned by the business in general and 25 owned by the Engineering department.
    I create a Software Asset named "Visio - Engineering" with "Visio.exe" as the software pattern for the Asset and an Authorized Organization of Engineering. I also associate a License tot he Software Asset that contains the License for the 25 Visio licenses that belong to the Engineering team.
    The Cireson Asset Management workflows then runs and finds all SCCM clients with Visio.exe on them and if the client CI within SCSM is related to the Engineering organisation, it counts each one against that software asset. (assuming all the Engineering team Computers are related to the Engineering organisation)
    I could then create a second Software Asset called "Visio - Company Wide" that is setup the same as the above, except the Authorized Organizations contains all but the Engineering organisation.
    I might even create a 3rd one called "Visio - All" just to be able to capture how many in total across the organisation I have. This is not critical but can be useful if you are going to get hit by an Audit.

Hope this puts Software Asset Management in to context a bit more for you.