Home Analyst Portal

Our Navigation Settings option in the Analyst Portal is not working properly

Carol_MorrellCarol_Morrell Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi, I am hoping someone may have come across this before and may be able to advise us.  For the past few days our Navigation Settings and Dashboard Queries are behaving strangely.  When we create a new folder or new pages in Navigation Settings, it often freezes or sometimes looks like it has saved, but when we look later the new folder and pages have gone.  The same with a Dashboard query - we add one in and it says it has saved it, but when we look for it to use it, it is no longer there.  The only thing that has changed recently is that we have installed some windows updates (KB4494440 & KB4498947 - 17/05 and KB4505052 - 21/05) onto our Servers.  Has anyone else experienced this strange behaviour?

Many thanks, Carol.

Answers

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Carol, your best to open a support ticket stating the Portal version and attach the webconsole log file.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @James_Atance

There is already a ticket open in relation to this issue. I am working with the Team to get this resolved.

Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not experienced that behavior exactly, but I did just try to add a folder to one of the environments about a day ago (portal 9.1.1) and it completely destroyed the entire folder structure and put everything back to default

I missed the new "Destroy All Nav Node Relationships" button in the release notes for that version, or I would have been sufficiently prepared for it.  As it stands, I have to spend a whole bunch of time putting everything back together and hoping it sticks.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Carol_MorrellCarol_Morrell Customer IT Monkey ✭
    oh dear, thanks for your reply Tom, as you say this is not the same behaviour that we are getting (we are portal 9.1.0 at the moment), but one to definitely watch out for !
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad that you are not experiencing that, and I am hoping that it was a fluke, but clearly strange things are afoot with the navigation settings, recently.
  • Carol_MorrellCarol_Morrell Customer IT Monkey ✭
    So far we have tracked it down to our Platform Cache Service - when we stop that service all seems to be working fine.  Just working with Cireson now to find out why!