Home Analyst Portal

Workflows not running - no errors in workflow status

Carol_MorrellCarol_Morrell Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi, we have logged this to Cireson Support, but wondered if anyone had any suggestions for how to resolve this issue.  Today none of our Workflows are running in our Live environment.  The Workflow Status in Service Manager Console doesn't show any errors (need attention), but All instances don't show any running for today, they stop after yesterday.  We have stopped the following services on the Management Server - Microsoft Monitoring Agent, System Centre Data Access Service and System Centre Management Configuration (in that order) and renamed the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager\Health Service State, then restarted the Services in the following order System Centre Management Configuration, System Centre Data Access Service, Microsoft Monitoring Agent - this clears down the Service Manager cache and recreates the Health Service State folder, but hasn't got workflows running again.  There are no errors shown in eventviewer and we are all out of ideas!  Please can anyone help?

Many thanks, Carol. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Carol, it's a long shot; but you didn't happen to delete the Computer CI records in that environment, did you? I did that in my dev environment when we were implementing Cireson Asset Management and it locked up all of our workflows. Apparently, SCSM relies upon the Computer CI records for the SCSM Servers and having deleted them I broke something.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This thread discusses the possibility of failed workflows causing a clog and how to clear it as well as the issue i mentioned. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2581/workflows-arent-getting-created-run-and-scsm-console-administration-workflows-status-is-slow
  • Carol_MorrellCarol_Morrell Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for your replies Nick, no we didn't delete any Computer CI records.  But we did have a failover overnight of our database, so this would probably have caused the issue.  Cireson have recommended a reboot of all servers in the correct order which we are now doing, which should sort out the problem.