Home Service Manager Asset Management Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Contract Status Options

Kind of 2 items in one here but both are relating to Contract Status Values.

First, give us the option for the contract status to be based off of the number of days left rather than a percentage. Given that contracts can have variable lengths of time, it seems odd to be stuck with percentage as the only option.  If I set the threshold to 15% then a 5 year contract will be in warning 270 days out from expiration and a 1 year contract will be warning 55 days out.  I want them all to come 60 or 90 away from expiration regardless of how long the contract is itself. Additionally, if my threshold is 15% and we renew it yearly for 2 more years, now 15% of that total contract length is over 1 year.  Now for as long as that contract is active I have to adjust the start date or have it perpetually in the warning status.  If the vendor is still using the same support contract number, I don't want to adjust the start date and make the data inaccurate just to get around this limitation.

The second request is to give us more status values for contracts.  If I pull a report on all expired contracts, I would like to go through them and be able to flag them as being decommissioned or whatever.  I don't necessarily want to delete the contract in case we need to reference it some time in the future for an audit or something like that.  It would be nice if we could create custom status values to be able to assist with that.  Maybe our purposes are not typical, but ideally a report on expired contracts should just tell us recently expired items that we would then reclassify to another status like "reitred" or "lab equipment." 
12 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I think these are two great suggestions, so take my up-vote!

For the first one, it would even be nice to have granularity on the individual contracts themselves. For example, a "warning date" field which flips the status to warning on that date (until the expiration date is reached).

For the second one, perhaps the best route would be a checkbox on the Contract to indicate it is retired, which would force the status to "Retired" (ignoring the date fields and thresholds).
  • Amy_CrookAmy_Crook Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Being able to retire a contract would be helpful.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Agree with all. Plus 1 from me
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The above feature request is a common request. Please give it an up vote if you have not already. Those do get sent to our development team.
    In the mean time, you can extend the different Contracts with a list property for "notify period". With list values of 30, 60, 90, 120. Then use that along with subscriptions to setup additional notifications.
    You can also setup views that show contracts with 30/60/90 days before expiration.
    Based on the expiration date, you can base views for expiring contracts in a certain calendar or financial quarter.
  • David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Geoff_Ross @damon_mulligan
    Did the additional contract status options ever get implemented?

Thanks.