Home Asset Management
Options

Mobile Hardware Assets are not displayed in the" All Mobile Hardware Assets" view

Timothy_StragierTimothy_Stragier Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello,

In our company we use Service Manager to manage our hardware assets.
A few days ago we saw that there was a new hardware asset type like "Mobile".
When we change the type to "Mobile" we will see that hardware asset in a separate view like "All Mobile Hardware Assets". Now we have the possibility use the IMEI field etc...

All our existing hardware assets are connected with a catalog item. So when we change the hardware asset type to "Mobile", all our mobile phones that are connected with that catalog item will now have the type "Mobile".
But for some reasons the hardware assets are not displayed in the "All Mobile Hardware Assets" view. We have to open each hardware asset and close it without saving before we can see it in that view.

Are we doing something wrong? Or is there a known bug?

Kind regards,
Timothy.

Answers

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Timothy,

Okay so in Configuration Items > Administration > Catalog Items, the Catalog item you would like to connect with existing Hardware Assets, you have updated this to have the new HW Asset Type of Mobile? (See my screenshot of my environment)

I did notice in my environment however when this is changed the items that were related to the catalog item did not get updated, so it may just be a case of when you make the change in the catalog item you have to re-associate as I noticed when I re-associated it then it appeared in the 'All Mobile Hardware Assets' view.

Hope this helps.
    Shane.
  • Options
    Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Timothy_Stragier you have to change IsMobileAsset attribute on Hardware Asset to True, too. HardwareAssetType to Cireson.AssetManagement.HardwareAssetTypeEnum.Mobile is not enough.

When opening Mobile asset in SCSM console and saving it does this change automatically, you can see it in the asset history.