Home General Discussion

API Error

We making API call /api/V3/Projection/GetProjectionByCriteria and get an error "An error occurred. Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.InvalidConnectionException: Invalid SCSM EMG State Encountered - Initiate App Recycle" how could we fix that?

Answers

• Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Well to me, it seems like you have 2 possible paths: 1) 'invalid SCSM EMG state' seems to imply the SCSM mgmt. server your portal connecting to has an issue, so restarting all 3 SCSM services might do the trick; and 2) the message 'initiate App Recycle' seems to imply an issue with the IIS App Pool on your portal server, so recycling that might also do the trick.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopping the HealthService (Microsoft Monitoring Agent), deleting the [service mgr install dir]\Health Service State\ folder, then starting HealthService again on each of your management servers should resolve this.
  • Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    In WinLogs I find such error:

Update Projection Failed
    Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.InvalidConnectionException: Invalid SCSM EMG State Encountered - Initiate App Recycle
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.InvokeCommand[T](Func`2 func, Boolean invokeAsService)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<InvokeCommandAsync>d__9`1.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Projection.<GetProjectionByCriteriaAsync>d__11.MoveNext()

Why is it happening? Maybe is cireson log?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking only from my experience, this error occurs when your management servers' cache is out of sync.  This has nothing to do with the portal.  Did you try the suggestions from me and/or @Chris_Chekaluk1 yet?