Home Service Manager

Workflows Stuck in Scheduled status

Lee_SnowdenLee_Snowden Customer IT Monkey ✭

Yesterday we had quite a few workflows showing as failed, checking the logs, I found that our AD workflow account had locked out.  I unlocked the account, and new workflows have been running fine, I clicked 'retry' on the failed workflows, but since then they have been stuck in 'Scheduled' status. 

What is the best way to force these scheduled workflows to run?

Best Answer

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Typically I ignore workflows that I have already retried once.  Most of my stuck workflows (Notify Analyst subscriptions in particular) get that way because the condition they triggered on is no longer accurate.  E.g.: the workflow started on a new ticket, but before the email could be sent, the ticket's status has changed to completed.  Another example: an approval activity moves to in progress, triggering the workflow, but has already been voted by the time the workflow deals with it.  The workflow doesn't know what to do in these cases, it seems (which makes some sense).

Opening up the Related Item on a workflow sheds some light on this in most cases. 

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Typically I ignore workflows that I have already retried once.  Most of my stuck workflows (Notify Analyst subscriptions in particular) get that way because the condition they triggered on is no longer accurate.  E.g.: the workflow started on a new ticket, but before the email could be sent, the ticket's status has changed to completed.  Another example: an approval activity moves to in progress, triggering the workflow, but has already been voted by the time the workflow deals with it.  The workflow doesn't know what to do in these cases, it seems (which makes some sense).

Opening up the Related Item on a workflow sheds some light on this in most cases.