Home Analyst Portal

multipleobjectpicker how to set a DisplayName as PropertyName

Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi,

i dont find a knowledgegbase article etc. where all the form controls are described with their properties.
I use a multipleObjectPicker to configure a configItem relationship with another configItem.
My Code is here:

{ "name": "test", "DataType": null, "PropertyName": "Source_8ce8c824_63c9_4510_84c1_9b3094cd8736", "Disabled": false, "Required": false, "MinLength": 0, "MaxLength": 0, "EnumId": null, "ColSpan": 0, "type": "multipleObjectPicker", "ClassId": "d5845502-c02e-c603-fe19-e9740cd5aa4c", "PropertyToDisplay": "{ \"DisplayName\": \"DisplayName\", \"Gruppenname\": \"Gruppenname\", \"ObjectStatus.Name\": \"ObjectStatus\", \"LastModified\": \"LastModified\" }", "SelectableRow": true, "SelectProperty": "DisplayName" } <br>
<br>
How can i change the shown PropertyName in the form and give it a displayName?

Best Answer

• Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Answer ✓

The problem with the string Source_... in the form is solved. It occured because of a wrong formed json form file. The property which was declared after the multipleobject picker has no columnfieldlist declared.

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The property name "Source_8ce8c824_63c9_4510_84c1_9b3094cd8736" needs to have a language entry against it in the language database so it know what to dislay on the screen based on the language the end user has their localisation settings set to.

This can be done in the Localizations menu in the portal.
    1. Open the Localizations page by accessing portal and choosing that menu item from the drop-down menu in the top right-corner of the page.
    2. Add a new key, eg Source_8ce8c824_63c9_4510_84c1_9b3094cd8736 and enter the English value ‘Hello world’.
    3. Using that page, add the translations for each language you wish to support.
    I've personally never done this as, being from Australia, I can only speak english and even then badly. :)
    Please let me know how you go with this as i would be keen to see the results you get.
    @Brett_Moffett
    thank you for your answer. I want to create a language string like you described in your answer, but i get an error. Something goes wrong, An error occurred during processing if i click the save button.
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the version of the portal you are using?
    Can you share a screen shot of the error you are getting and where?

I just tried it on my system and it completed without an error but mine is already in English and is the latest version of the portal (9.2.2)
    the Portalversion is 9.2.2.2016. I get the following error:

Answer ✓

The problem with the string Source_... in the form is solved. It occured because of a wrong formed json form file. The property which was declared after the multipleobject picker has no columnfieldlist declared.