Home General Discussion

The difference between the portal and the console

I create Request Offering (SR) in this request offering are some required fields. When I create Service Request through the portal all OK but when I create this request through console I don't have required fields. It's a problem because if create request through the console we lose the required data.

Answers

• Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We use Advance Request Offering, if field is "Query Result" and required if create request through the console this field not displayed
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without knowing more, it is worth noting that the console forms and portal forms are not linked in any way, and therefore may have different settings as to which fields are required or not.

You can customize the console forms (but don't, if you have a choice--console form authoring is an absolute nightmare that is laughably implemented) to be more like your portal forms or customize your portal forms to be more like the console, but it is up to you to ensure that these forms look and act the same.

Also, the Request Offering forms are not linked to either one of the two in any way, so you can require that a field is entered through ARO, but that will not require it if the ticket is created by other means.  If you want it to be the same across the board, you have to update the other forms separately.
  • Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Without knowing more, it is worth noting that the console forms and portal forms are not linked in any way, and therefore may have different settings as to which fields are required or not.

You can customize the console forms (but don't, if you have a choice--console form authoring is an absolute nightmare that is laughably implemented) to be more like your portal forms or customize your portal forms to be more like the console, but it is up to you to ensure that these forms look and act the same.

Also, the Request Offering forms are not linked to either one of the two in any way, so you can require that a field is entered through ARO, but that will not require it if the ticket is created by other means.  If you want it to be the same across the board, you have to update the other forms separately.
    Thank you!