Home Analyst Portal

Saving an IR or SR can take more than 10 -15 seconds for some of our Analysts

Carol_MorrellCarol_Morrell Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi - I was just wondering whether anyone else had experienced this - for some of our Analysts it can take more than 10 or 15 seconds to save an IR or SR, but for others it takes an average of 3 to 5 seconds.  We have tested this out to show that it isn't the device - if an different Analyst that saves in less than 5 seconds logs into one of the devices used by an Analyst that on average takes more than 10 seconds to save, then that different Analyst is still able to save in less than 5 seconds.  And if the test is done the other way around, the Analyst still takes more than 10 seconds to save on the same device that the Analyst normally saves on in less than 5 seconds.  We have tried these tests for different times of the day, with different applications open, with different AD groups for these Analysts, but still certain Analysts take longer to save their IRs or SRs than others and we can't track it down to anything different about them. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience, and if so did you get to the bottom of why these Users are affected?

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi Carol,

Could you please log a support ticket so we can start troubleshooting with you?

Also if anyone else in the Community is having similar issues please let us know.

Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Carol_MorrellCarol_Morrell Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Shane, I have logged this as support ticket IR84889.
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Carol,

Could you please log a support ticket so we can start troubleshooting with you?

Also if anyone else in the Community is having similar issues please let us know.

Thanks,
    Shane.

@Shane_White

It is happening with us. Portal 9.1.0.2016
  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gerhard_Goossens

Could you please log a ticket as well? Carol is on the same version as you which is interesting.

Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Shane_White

IR84891
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Quite often when we see this type of issue it is due to the database cluster failing over to the other side. I'm not a DBA so I only vaguely understand what that means. The DBAs fix it and the portal runs quickly again.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carol_Morrell this has been our experience since the beginning, for several years now.  At least for us, it has less to do with who is opening the ticket (although that can be a factor if scoping is applied to a user) and more to do with what the database server is working on at the moment.  We do not use queues and our users are not scoped anymore.