Home General Discussion

Template editor

Josh_WinnJosh_Winn Customer IT Monkey ✭
Is there a good template editor out there that does not throw in extra html tags that mess up the notification templates?

I was using BlueGriffon to edit the templates, but it puts in extra html tags that seem to mess up the tags for service manager.

Best Answers

Answers

• Josh_WinnJosh_Winn Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks!

is there a good way to test the HTML without having to send test incidents in?
  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Josh_Winn

The https://html-online.com/editor/ shows you a preview of what it will look like, but if you mean test the workflows with the templates not really. You could use a local smtp server like PaperCut.

But if you just want to see what the HTML looks like you can use any online html editor

Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    A couple of years ago I had found a tool called SCSMSolutions Email Template Tester. It was available on a competitors website as a free download. You select the notification template, click the 'Test Template' task in the console, select a work item to test it with and click OK. It renders the template fairly closely to what I see in Outlook. Unfortunately, it looks like the competitor has change their website; I couldn't find a download link. I still use it so it may be worth a google search and an inquiry to the company that was distributing it.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Ahhh!!!!! Once again, not deleting anything ever pays off!

Ahhh!!!!! Once again, not deleting anything ever pays off!

• Josh_WinnJosh_Winn Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Awesome!! I saw some forums about this before, but they all lead to dead links.

This works perfectly!
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Aha!!!!! Once again, not deleting anything ever pays off!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgZRTaCmV8phyfEoGjye-JUKpCEA1w?e=IWVKlx

Now that is one incredible find @Geoff_Ross
    Same reason I keep every cable I ever owned. Can't understand why my wife doesn't see the need for a 15m SCART to S-Video lead.

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same reason I keep every cable I ever owned. Can't understand why my wife doesn't see the need for a 15m SCART to S-Video lead.
    I take it this article is you then @Geoff_Ross

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross
     I had this installed and it is no longer working.  I removed it and tried your version with the same failed results.  

Hi @Eric_Krasner

Looks like you are missing an assembly somehow. Interesting how that isn't causing you other issues. Have you tried googling for Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Notifications.Workflows.dll or you could grab it from any other SCSM environment or probably even the ISO somewhere.

Geoff
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have the assembly, just a newer version.  instead of 7.0.5000.0 we have 7.7.16.0
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Eric_Krasner if you are using the console from your pc and not the server, you need to copy that file from the service manager install folder on the server to the console install folder on your pc, then it should open
  • LenarLenar Member IT Monkey ✭

SCSM Email Template Tester not working with SCSM 2019UR2.

Is there a new version?

AFAIK there isn't a newer version, but I have this running in a 2019 UR2 environment without issue.

MP version 1.0.0.8

• LenarLenar Member IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for reply, Adam!

Did you install it on prev versions of SCSM and then had system upgraded?

Fresh install 2019 UR2 shows this error.

Opened issue on author's githab, waiting for reply.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task, List1 parameterList)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Did you install it on prev versions of SCSM and then had system upgraded?

Yes. I started with 2019 base where I had it working and then was just staying current as update rollups came out. The only issue I've ever encountered is the one highlighted above if you are attempting to run it locally and lack the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Notifications.Workflows.dll.

Repro steps? Which class of Notification are you trying this against? When does that error occur?