Home Asset Import

Mapping subnets to locations

Phillip_CorbinPhillip_Corbin Customer IT Monkey ✭
Has anyone had success in doing this? I imported my locations, then I imported subnets, but I can't seem to get the locations to map to the subnets on an import. What am I missing?

Best Answer

Answers

• Phillip_CorbinPhillip_Corbin Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Wow, so each location has to have it's own profile in csv format that does nothing more than provide the name of the subnet in a separate file?
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct.
    As this is a Many-to-Many relationship (A location can have many Subnets and a Subnet can be across many Locations) this is the way this data is required to be formatted to get it to import as we require it to.
  • Phillip_CorbinPhillip_Corbin Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Brett, thanks for the tip - worked great accept for one thing; for those systems in SCCM that have multiple IPs associated to it, (i.e. 10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x), the import process is not able to parse that data and know what location to associate the CI record with. Any thoughts on how to mitigate multiple interfaces to locations?
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there is no easy way to set this up to work as a decision needs to be made about which IP address to use in each situation.
    Filtering and cleansing the data is the best way to do this for now.
    It might be worth raising a feature request to add the ability to select the network adapter to look at for location information. (i.e. LAN NIC's first, then WiFi)
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Phillip_Corbin
    Here is a feature request that includes what you were asking for to help with multiple IP's. If you have not, select the link and give it an up vote. After a certain amount, these feature requests go to our development team. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/4196#Comment_4196