Home Advanced Request Offering

Anyone having issues with template activities disappearing from the ARO wizards?

Lately we are having a very strange issue with some of our AROs. The ARO will be up and working properly in the Portal, then suddenly the prompts stop mapping to the template. When I go check the Request Offering in the Console using "Edit Advanced Request Offering", everything will be okay except that the activities for the template have disappeared from the mapping sections. When I go look at the template it is perfectly fine. The only way to fix the issue that I have found is to recreate the template and offering, which I have had to do several times now. I can't tell what is causing the problem so hopefully this is something that somebody else has run into!

Answers

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ian,

I've never personally run into that, although I will say that I have seen quite a few issues when folks open an ARO using the out-of-box RO editor. Its important to remember that ARO does not replace the default RO creator, but simply adds ARO alongside it. If you open and save an ARO using the default RO editor, there will certainly be issues.

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi,

I agree with Nick, this is likely to be the cause. It's for this reason I always recommend a daily export of all unsealed MPs onto some file level backed up storage, so you can always go back a day, or more...

Geoff
  • Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I was thinking that might be it, but when I look at the history of the offering through the editor I can't see where anybody has made changes and saved them. I'll try some tests out and see if I can get it to happen again.