Home General Discussion

Can normal user able to change status of Manual Activity if there name is there in assigned to?

Ramesh_ManeRamesh_Mane Customer IT Monkey ✭
General users are able to approve RA's, but not able to mark MA's as complete as they are assigned as the implementer.  An event log is written with insufficent permission, Is there something in the role that we need to change?

Best Answer

Answers

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ramesh,

Permissions for any user to edit and save a work item is established in the "User Roles" in the Service Manager console. These users would need to be in a role based on at least the "Activity Implementer" role profile, as well as one based on "Service Request Analyst" role profile I believe (as you are saving an activity, but that is also within a Service Request presumably).

I would be careful in making this change, as you could give users more permissions than intended if too broadly scoped.

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Ramesh_ManeRamesh_Mane Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you Nick,

Agree with the User Roles you suggested we had the same feeling to assign this role.

But the Manual activity I am talking about is created for Change request where this Manual activity may be assigned to any user in the organization and in this case we have to assignee the role to all users.

And as you mentioned when we give this role to all users all end users will have kind of full access to all activity they can see (It may include requests raised by them have some activity ) Which we don't want.

Is there any user role or any way where we can define

• A Manual Activity which is assigned to specific user can change Activity status only when there name is mentioned in particular Activity Assigned To field.
    • And which should not provide additional access to all other activity

It is bit hard to define it but hope you understand.

Regard's,

Ramesh