Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is there a document that describes how the SR staus are applied in the system?

Gary_PhippsGary_Phipps Customer IT Monkey ✭
I am trying to understand how they are applied as we SR with and without activities. I am trying to progress what additional child status we should apply for SR with no activities

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Gary_Phipps

Hope this clear it up, this is the workflow that is followed in both scenarios:

Without Activities:

Create SR > New Status > In Progress Status (Very briefly) > Submitted Status > Completed/Cancelled etc Status

With Activities:

Create SR > New Status > In Progress Status

Then it will Stay on the In Progress Status until all of the Activities related to that SR are completed, once the activities are completed the SR will automatically move from In Progress > Completed.

Unless any of the activities fail, in which case the SR will go to failed.

Let me know if this helps.
    Shane.
  • Options

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the information above. However this does not fully cover what I was looking for. The list in SM for SR status has many entries - On Hold, Failed, Cancelled etc - how and when are these used? When are they selectable (if at all) from the right hand menu option to change status?

If there is a document that describes the workflow logic around the use of these status it would help us work out how we want to use and measure them, including what we might need to add to requests that have no activities.

Hope this makes it clearer,

Regards,

Gary

• Options
    Many thanks Shane, much appreciated