Home General Discussion

Limit size attached files

When I set limit size attached files in SCSM Administration->Settings->Service Request Settings 10Mb. This limit applied for all SR in system even to those requests where the limit is 2Mb. Is it possible to make a total limit of 10, and in a specific request, for example, 5Mb? how does it work in SCSM?

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Roman_Nepomniashchii

I think what you are asking is can you restrict the file size for particular SR's and if I am right in understanding there is something you can do with Request Offerings. If you have a file attachment prompt in a Request Offering, when you configure that prompt you can limit the file attachment size in here. But I don't think there is any other way.

You may be able to use a customisation of some sorts!

Thanks,

Shane.

• Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭

It is not working. If  I set limit size attached files in SCSM Administration->Settings->Service Request Settings 10Mb, in specific request offering I set 2Mb, I can still upload 10Mb

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Roman_Nepomniashchii

Are you trying to upload the file through the Request Offering itself or once the SR is created?

I don't think you will be able to restrict it once the SR has been created from the RO.

Thanks,

Shane

• Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭

I upload through the Request Offering I fill the field of forms(RO) and I attach file, I can attach only size which I set in Administration->Settings->Service Request Settings but I set other size in this RO and it not work.