Home CMDB Portal

Adding Unix servers to the CMBD

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We want to include Unix to the views but we were wondering how this is done. I'm unable to find anything in videos and I may have missed a webinar along the way. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

This will probably require the Unix MP from SCOM before you can start syncing those Config Items and building views for them within SCSM.

Once you have the Unix MP, you can create a View or Cireson Advanced View that points at the Unix Class (that came from the SCOM MP).

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks @Adam_Dzyacky - we have the MP from SCOM and some views in the Microsoft console but not in the Cireson portal. I guess 'all computers' is just the windows ones rather than Unix, as we are not seeing any there.

So we are looking at a promoted view from the Microsoft Console?

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Yup - promoting the view sounds the most straightforward way to go about this. But when it comes to the CMDB Portal, you could sync this new Unix class in your platform settings and build Views with their respective Forms that way.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Sean_Terry

This is the video you need. But instead of Custom Class, just use the Unix Computer class from the SCOM MP. 'Custom Class' in the video, just means non standard SCSM Class.

Geoff