Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Enhance Portal forms to display content from either ServiceManager or DWDataMart

Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
In connection with the feature request to search the DW (https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3613/is-it-possible-to-connect-the-search-capability-to-the-service-manager-data-warehouse), I believe it would also be useful to enhance the existing portal forms (Incident.js, etc) to handle displaying DW content when a WI is groomed out of the live DB, or from the live DB if not groomed out.

I understand that the DW may not have all Dimension properties and/or Facts that exist in the live DB, so these forms would need to leave those fields blank.  Ideally, these new forms would support client form customizations natively, so that no changes would be required.

This way, the data would be available to all users of the portal in a consistent manner as they don't care which db a given item resides in.  The single form would not double admin efforts to maintain custom forms.
5 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

My intent with this was mostly to focus on the UI side- to leverage any custom portal form work I've done and not force me to maintain multiple forms for each data source (except I agree any groomed WI should be read-only, so it would be important to sort out how to ensure that appropriately).

However, it seems like the choice of data source is hard to separate from the UI.

The 'Analytics as a source' idea is something that I tossed around in my head and while similar, has some important distinctions (in my opinion), and to me, drives at what Analytics is supposed to be. Certainly, Cireson determines this, please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding/expectation is that Analytics is intended to help analyze and be a source for trending, so I tend to think of using Analytics as a replacement for using the OOTB SCSM cubes, but not as a replacement for DWDataMart.

In this case, I am looking for an exact replica of the WI- all fields (including custom extension fields), relationships, history tab, etc to be seamlessly integrated into the portal, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Analytics currently does this.