Home Notify Analyst

Action Log Notify sending notifications on Service Requests

Jamie_JordanJamie_Jordan Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is the Trouble Ticket Analyst Comment Log Template workflow meant to send out notifications on all work items? 'Trouble Ticket' made it sound like it only sends on incidents. I set it up to notify when comments are added to incidents and it's working perfectly, but someone added a comment to a service request and the email that went out was missing information like the title and assigned support group. If this is how it's meant to work thats fine, I can add the information about service requests to the notification template since they should be empty on incidents and vice-versa. I just wanted to know before I start trying to modify the templates.

Answers

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I don't know the official answer; but yes, that is how I had to set those templates up.

• Jamie_JordanJamie_Jordan Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks, @Nick_Flint . After playing around with this yesterday, I found that if I created a template for Work Item Comment Log Template (Service Request) it will send a different notification. Unfortunately it only worked in my test 2016 environment that I'm working on standing up into production. Doing the same thing in the current 2012 environment just sent two separate notifications.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jamie_Jordan

Sounds like you are having the issue described in this PR that has been raised:

If you could confirm this is the same behaviour that would be great.

Thanks,

Shane

Hi @Shane_White,

I'm not able to view that PR. I get this message.

FAILED

The item you requested either does not exist or you do not have access to view it.

Hi @Jamie_Jordan

Oh okay, in that case this is the contents:

Application Version: 8.0.8

Problem Description:

When an analyst submits a comment on a Service Request, both the Cireson Work Item User Action Log Notification and Cireson Trouble Ticket Analyst Action Log Notification workflow are executed.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1. Enable the Trouble Ticket Analyst Comment Log workflow and the Work Item Comment Log workflow 

2. As an analyst, create a comment on a Service Request

3. Note in Administration/Workflows/Status in the console that both workflows will execute and by clicking on 'View related object' on both, it references the same comment object. Also note, that the Trouble Ticket Analyst Action Log Notification workflow email will be missing properties in the template.

Thanks,

Shane.

Hi @Shane_White,

Confirmed, this is exactly the behaviour I'm getting. Additionally, I'm running 8.0.6.2016 in my test 2016 environment and it does not produce the same result.

Should I submit an incident to be linked to that PR referencing this thread?

Hi @Jamie_Jordan

Yes please that would be great! 😀

Thanks,

Shane.

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all, just wanted to mention that the issue mentioned in this ticket (https://support.cireson.com/Problem/Edit/PR85241/) has been resolved in 8.0.10 of the Notify Analyst app