Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Improve editing KB articles

Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I would like to have some improvements of article editor in Knowledge base. Now editing an articles is not easy and often annoying.

There are common missed function as wrote @Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser  :

1. WYSIWYG HTML-Editor - with ability to add images, tables, change font size or clean format of pasted text.

2. Edit of individual paragraphs - epecially when article is big and have lot of screenshots.

3. Option to link to paragraphs - needed for long text

4. Option to add images and resize inserted images without decoding in base64

5. Option to attach any files (for example PDF-manuals from a supplyer etc.)

6. Drag and drop for images, files etc

option to clear formatting (this one is also very annoying! you always have to copy a certain text to notepad first, to lose formatting..)

7. Templates to predefine any standard

8. Auto-save

9. Easy way to export a normal, good-looking PDF (issue:)

10.  be able to put in a lot of high resolution images (it crashes, if you want to save it, or at least when you want to view it, very annoying if you had a lot of work to set up such an article).

3 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I want to give you my honest opinion about this topic.

We moved to Confluence from Cireson KB with about 800+ articles, and we can say that it was the right decision.

Cireson has very very good parts like the Analyst Portal etc, but I cannot recommend the KnowledgeBase if you compare the functions with other HTML editors.

Dont waste your time with this KB and go to Confluence, or something similar, you wont regret it.

I dont want to blame Cireson at all, we know, that the KnowledgeBase is just one single app from about 30 or something. But I worked plenty of hours with the Cireson Knowledgebase and it was a frustration.

As far as I know it has not been improved since 2016 or something..

If you only have a few articles, Cireson Knowledgebase is perfect for that need. But if you need a reliable KB with the expected features, Cireson KB is not the thing you are looking for.